In the real world, personal injury attorneys work hard each day to get help for people who have been seriously injured.
At O’Brien and Ford, we are proud to be personal injury lawyers, devoted to making life better for our clients after an often traumatic experience.
Personal Injury Lawyers Athol Springs NY
There are many types of personal injury cases, including:
- The largest number of personal injury suits result from car accidents, not surprisingly, since there are more than 6 million accidents in the United States annually. You may be hurt in an accident as an operator, passenger, or pedestrian. Although New York is a “no-fault” state, a person who is seriously injured may still have the ability to sue for their injuries. It is always wise to seek advice from a personal injury attorney before concluding that you have no recourse.
- Slip and fall cases are also common. Falls occur on the job, at home, in recreational areas and in public buildings. Uneven flooring and other unsafe conditions send a lot of people to the hospital every year.
- Athletic injuries are also common and, in some cases, are the results of carelessness. In most cases, people who engage in such activities are presumed to understand the risks involved, but in some cases, negligence might be a factor.
- Other kinds of accidents that may be the subjects of a personal injury action might include accidental shootings, hunting accidents and other injuries from the improper use of equipment or tools.
- Worker’s compensation insurance covers on the job injuries, so if you have been injured in an accident at the workplace, make sure to seek advice from an injury lawyer with expertise in worker’s compensation.
- Many people are injured or killed when using defective products. This also includes making sure that products include proper operating instructions and warnings and that products intended for small children are age-appropriate and plainly labeled.
- Most healthcare providers treat their patients with the finest care, but from time to time, they make mistakes, causing more pain, more medical bills and sometimes, death. Personal injury lawyers with expertise in the area of medical malpractice will look at your case, seek the assistance of experts when necessary and advise you of your rights.
- Willful acts such as murder, assault and rape can also lead to personal injury suits.
Athol Springs Personal Injury Law Firm
These are some examples of cases that personal injury lawyers see each day. Before choosing an attorney for your personal injury suit, you should take into account a few things:
- First, you want a lawyer who has experience in the type of personal injury that affected you. At O’Brien and Ford, we are ready and able to handle all injury cases, from a slip and fall at the shopping center to a significant product liability case.
- You also want a lawyer who is not afraid to go to court if necessary.
- Finally and possibly most important, you need a law firm that respects you, not just your case.
Personal Injury Attorneys Near Me
The lawyers and staff at O’Brien and Ford are known for their personal attention to their clients and for their commitment to achieving the best possible outcome, whether that entails negotiating a fair settlement or taking your case to court.
The lawyers and staff at O’Brien and Ford are known for their personal attention to their clients and for their dedication to obtaining the best possible outcome, whether that involves negotiating a fair settlement or taking your case to court.
We are always available; call us for a free consultation.