Personal injury attorneys are frequently the target of unfavorable attention. Stories we read on the internet, in addition to the plots of television programs and movies, often perpetuate incorrect perceptions of what personal injury lawyers do.
In truth, real people experience real injuries each day and are often left penniless and permanently impaired as a result of the negligence or willful act of another individual. At O’Brien and Ford, you will find a dedicated group of lawyers who are proud to use their expertise in personal injury law to improve people’s lives after an injury.
Clarence New York Personal Injury Lawyers
Below are just some illustrations of the kinds of matters a personal injury lawyer may take on:
- Slips and falls account for another large quantity of personal injury cases. Falls are the greatest single cause of emergency room visits and can happen anywhere. Uneven flooring and other unsafe conditions send a lot of people to the hospital every year.
- Quite a few people are injured each year in sporting and recreational activities. Most of the time, people who take part in such activities are presumed to recognize the risks involved, but in some cases, negligence may be a factor.
- Personal injury lawsuits might result from injuries from power tools, weapons, appliances and even toys.
- Worker’s compensation insurance covers on the job injuries, so if you have been injured on the job, make sure to consult an injury lawyer with experience in worker’s compensation.
- Many people are injured or killed when using defective products. Suitable warning labels and proper instructions, should be on all products.
- We expect our doctors to be perfect, but they, like everyone else make mistakes. Those mistakes might be disastrous. Personal injury lawyers experienced in the area of medical malpractice will evaluate your case, seek the guidance of experts when necessary and advise you of your rights.
- Intentional acts such as murder, assault and rape can also lead to personal injury suits.
These are some examples of matters that personal injury lawyers see each day. Choosing the right attorney when you are injured is crucial.
Clarence Personal Injury Attorney
With in excess of 6 million car accidents nationwide each year, it is not a surprise that those types of cases are the most frequently seen by personal injury lawyers. You may have been injured while driving, riding, or walking. While no-fault laws may restrict who can pursue personal injury suits against negligent drivers, you might nevertheless have some right to collect damages from a negligent driver. It is always wise to consult with a personal injury attorney before concluding that you have no recourse.
Ensure the attorney you choose has handled your type of injury suit. At O’Brien and Ford, we are ready and able to undertake all injury matters, from a slip and fall at the shopping center to a large product liability case.
Most personal injury lawsuits are settled, but you need an attorney who is prepared to go to court if necessary.
Finally and perhaps most important, you need a law firm that respects you, not just your case.
Personal Injury Attorneys Near Me
At O’Brien and Ford, we have a reputation for being tough negotiators, even tougher trial lawyers and for our devotion to our clients. The lawyers and support staff at O’Brien and Ford are known for their personal attention to their clients and for their commitment to obtaining the best possible outcome, whether that involves negotiating a fair settlement or taking your case to court. If you have been injured, call us for a free consultation.