Unfavorable stereotypes are reinforced by the entertainment industry and social media.
Actually, real people endure real injuries every day, and are frequently left penniless and permanently disabled as a result of the negligence or willful act of another person.
At O’Brien and Ford, we are proud to be personal injury attorneys, dedicated to making life better for our clients after an often stressful experience.
Cohoes Personal Injury Lawyers
Below are just some examples of the type of matters a personal injury lawyer may take on:
- With over 6 million car accidents across the country each year, it is no surprise that those cases are the most frequently seen by personal injury lawyers.
- You may be hurt in an accident as a driver, passenger, or pedestrian. Even in “no-fault” states like New York, a person hurt in an auto accident may have the opportunity to sue for their personal injuries if the injury was severe. It is always a good idea to consult with a personal injury lawyer before presuming that you have no matter.
- Slips and falls account for another significant portion of personal injury lawsuits. Falls are the greatest single cause of emergency room visits, and can take place anywhere. A fall may happen when a hazardous object or substance is left unattended, or may be due to faulty floor coverings, decking, or other surfaces.
- Quite a few people are injured each year in sporting and recreational activities. In most cases, people who engage in such activities are assumed to understand the risks involved, but in some cases, negligence might be a factor.
- Personal injury lawsuits might arise from injuries from power tools, weapons, appliances, and even toys. An injury lawyer who also knows the law of workmen’s compensation can advise you if you are injured on the job.
- Product liability refers to the duty of companies to ensure sure their products are safe. Adequate warning labels, and proper instructions, should be on all products.
- Regrettably, even the best doctors make mistakes, and those mistakes may result in more medical procedures, worse injuries, and even death. Personal injury lawyers with expertise in the area of medical malpractice will assess your lawsuit, seek the assistance of experts when necessary, and advise you of your rights.
- Damages from injuries caused by intentional and unlawful acts such as assault, rape, and murder may also be recovered in a personal injury suit.
We have covered just some of the examples of circumstances in which a personal injury lawyer might be able to help an injured person.
Personal Injury Law Firm In Cohoes New York
Selecting the right attorney when you are hurt is very important.
You should look for a lawyer who has the specific background your lawsuit requires.
At O’Brien and Ford, we are ready and able to undertake all injury matters, from a slip and fall at the shopping center to a large product liability action.
You also want a lawyer who is not afraid to go to court if necessary.
Most important, you want a lawyer who sees you as an individual, not just another case.
Personal Injury Attorney Near Me
At O’Brien and Ford, we have a reputation for being tough negotiators, even tougher trial lawyers, and for our dedication to our clients.
The attorneys and support staff at O’Brien and Ford are known for their personal attention to their clients, and for their devotion to obtaining the best possible outcome, whether that involves negotiating a fair settlement or taking your matter to court.
We are always available; call us for a free consultation.