Stories we read on the internet, as well as the plots of television shows and movies, frequently support incorrect beliefs of what personal injury lawyers do.
In reality, real people sustain real injuries each day, and are often left penniless and permanently disabled as a result of the negligence or intentional act of another individual.
The attorneys at O’Brien and Ford dedicate themselves to personal injury law so they can make a genuine difference in people’s lives.
Personal Injury Law Firm In Horseheads New York
There are many kinds of personal injury lawsuits, including:
- With over 6 million automobile accidents across the country annually, it is not a surprise that those suits are the most frequent personal injury suits.
- You may have been driving, riding, or walking. Even in “no-fault” states like New York, a person hurt in an auto accident may be able to sue for their personal injuries if the injury was severe. It is always smart to consult with a personal injury lawyer before assuming that you have no lawsuit.
- Slips and falls represent another sizable portion of personal injury matters. Falls take place at the workplace, at home, in recreational areas, and in public facilities. Uneven flooring and other dangerous conditions send many people to the hospital every year.
- People who take part in sports or recreational activities assume the risk for their activities, but in some cases, injuries are caused by negligence. Most of the time, people who participate in such activities are assumed to know the risks involved, but in some cases, negligence may be a factor.
- Other types of accidents that may be the subjects of a personal injury action might include accidental shootings, hunting accidents, and other injuries from the improper use of machinery or tools.
- An injury attorney who also knows the law of workmen’s compensation can counsel you if you are hurt on the job.
- Manufacturers and sellers of goods owe their customers a duty to ensure sure their products are not dangerous. Suitable warning labels, and proper instructions, should be on all products.
- Unfortunately, even the best doctors make mistakes, and those mistakes may lead to more medical procedures, worse injuries, and even death. Personal injury lawyers experienced in the area of medical malpractice will assess your suit, seek the advice of experts when necessary, and advise you of your rights.
- Murder, rape, and assault are criminal offenses, but they are also torts, and damages for personal injury can often be recovered.
These are some examples of cases that personal injury attorneys see every day.
Horseheads Personal Injury Attorney
Selecting the right attorney when you are injured is very important.
You should look for an attorney who has the specific expertise your suit requires.
The attorneys at O’Brien and Ford have experience in all personal injury matters.
Most personal injury cases are settled, but you need a lawyer who is ready to go to court if necessary.
Finally, you should look for a law firm that treats its clients with the kindness and understanding that they deserve.
Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me
At O’Brien and Ford, we have a track record for being tough negotiators, even tougher trial attorneys, and for our devotion to our clients.
The lawyers and staff at O’Brien and Ford are known for their personal attention to their clients, and for their commitment to obtaining the best possible outcome, whether that entails working out a fair settlement or taking your matter to court.
You may call any time to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with one of our injury experts.