Stories we read on the internet, in addition to the plots of TV programs and movies, often support inaccurate impressions of what personal injury lawyers do.
The truth is, when you are seriously injured and facing financial ruin due to an accident or injury, a personal injury lawyer can help you when you need it most.
Latham Personal Injury Law Firm
Personal injury law includes any type of matter in which a person is injured as a result of the negligent or intentional act of another some of those matters include:
- With over 6 million automobile accidents across the country every year, it is not a surprise that those lawsuits are the most frequent personal injury lawsuits. You may be hurt in an accident as a driver, passenger, or pedestrian. While no-fault laws may restrict who can pursue personal injury suits against negligent drivers, you might nevertheless have some right to collect damages from a reckless driver. It is always recommended to consult with a personal injury attorney before concluding that you have no suit.
- Cases involving falls represent another significant portion of a personal injury form’s caseload. A fall can take place anywhere: at home, at play, or on the job. Unsafe conditions such as objects left unattended, or faulty flooring, lead to many falls.
- Sports injuries are also frequent, and, in some cases, are the results of negligence. In most cases, people who participate in such activities are presumed to understand the risks involved, but in some cases, negligence might be a factor.
- Other types of accidents that may be the subjects of a personal injury action might include accidental shootings, hunting accidents, and other injuries from the incorrect use of machinery or tools.
- Accidents at the workplace are usually governed by workmen’s compensation laws, and may require the services of an accident lawyer who is also familiar with workmen’s compensation.
- Product liability refers to the obligation of companies to make sure their products are safe. Suitable warning labels, and proper instructions, should be on all products, and failure to properly label products often leads to injuries.
- The fact is, even the best doctors make mistakes, and those mistakes may result in more medical procedures, worse injuries, and even death. Personal injury lawyers experienced in the area of medical malpractice will be able to evaluate your lawsuit, seek the assistance of experts when necessary, and advise you of your rights.
- Willful acts such as murder, assault, and rape can also lead to personal injury suits.
This list is just a sampling of the kinds of situations that may require the advice of an accident lawyer.
Personal Injury Lawyers In Latham NY
Choose a personal injury attorney very carefully.
First, you want a lawyer who has experience in the type of personal injury that affected you. At O’Brien and Ford, we are ready and able to undertake all injury lawsuits, from a slip and fall at the shopping center to a significant product liability action.
While the majority of personal injury lawsuits settle out of court, your attorney must be willing and able to tackle any insurance company if a fair settlement is not offered.
Finally, and maybe most important, you need a law firm that respects you, not just your case.
Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me
The lawyers and staff at O’Brien and Ford are known for their personal attention to their clients, and for their devotion to achieving the best possible result, whether that entails negotiating a fair settlement or taking your case to court.
The lawyers and staff at O’Brien and Ford are known for their personal attention to their clients, and for their devotion to obtaining the best possible outcome, whether that involves negotiating a fair settlement or taking your matter to court. If you have been hurt, call us for a free consultation.