In reality, real people sustain real injuries every day and are often left penniless and permanently disabled as a result of the carelessness or voluntary act of another individual.
At O’Brien and Ford, you will find a devoted group of lawyers who are proud to use their expertise in personal injury law to improve people’s lives after an injury.
Personal Injury Lawyers Manlius
Below are just some illustrations of the type of matters a personal injury lawyer may handle:
- Millions of cars on the road mean millions of accidents, so auto accident suits comprise the lion’s share of many personal injury firms’ work. You may be injured while driving, or as a passenger. You may have been hit by a car as you crossed the road. Even in “no-fault” states like New York, a person hurt in an auto accident may have the opportunity to sue for their personal injuries if the injury was severe. Before making a claim against your insurance company, seek the guidance of a personal injury lawyer.
- Matters involving falls represent another large portion of a personal injury form’s caseload. A fall can occur anywhere: at home, at play, or on the job. Uneven flooring and other unsafe conditions send a lot of people to the hospital every year.
- Sports injuries are also common and, in some cases, are the results of carelessness. Most of the time, people who participate in such activities are assumed to understand the risks involved, but in some cases, negligence might be a factor.
- Personal injury suits might arise from injuries from power tools, weapons, appliances and even toys.
- An injury attorney who also knows the law of worker’s compensation can counsel you if you are injured on the job.
- Product liability refers to the obligation of companies to make sure their products are safe. Proper warning labels and proper instructions, should be on all products.
- Most healthcare providers treat their patients with the utmost care, but sometimes they make mistakes, causing more pain, more medical bills and sometimes, death. Personal injury lawyers experienced in the area of medical malpractice will look at your lawsuit, seek the guidance of experts when necessary and advise you of your rights.
- Murder, rape and assault are criminal offenses, but they are also torts and damages for personal injury can often be recovered.
These are some examples of matters that personal injury attorneys see each day.
Manlius Personal Injury Law Firm
Choosing the right lawyer when you are hurt is very important. First, you want a lawyer who has experience in the type of personal injury that affected you. The lawyers at O’Brien and Ford have experience in all personal injury matters.
You also want a lawyer who is not afraid to go to court if necessary. Most importantly, you want a lawyer who sees you as an individual, not just another case.
Personal Injury Attorneys Near Me
At O’Brien and Ford, we have a reputation for being tough negotiators, even tougher trial lawyers and for our dedication to our clients.
The attorneys and staff at O’Brien and Ford are known for their personal attention to their clients and for their devotion to obtaining the best possible outcome, whether that entails working out a fair settlement or taking your lawsuit to court. We are always available; call us for a free consultation.