Stories we read on online, as well as the plots of television programs and films, frequently perpetuate incorrect impressions of what personal injury lawyers do.
The fact is, when you are severely injured and facing financial ruin due to an accident or injury, a personal injury lawyer can help you when you need it most.
The lawyers at O’Brien and Ford devote themselves to personal injury law so they can make a real difference in people’s lives.
Accident Lawyers Rochester
Personal injury law includes any type of lawsuit in which a person is injured due to the negligent or willful act of another some of those lawsuits include:
- With more than 6 million automobile accidents across the United States each year, it is not a surprise that car accidents make up the majority of personal injury cases. You may be hurt while driving, or as a passenger. You may have been hit by a car as you crossed the road. Even in “no-fault” states like New York, a person injured in an auto accident may have the opportunity to sue for their personal injuries if the injury was severe. Before making a claim against your insurance company, seek the assistance of a personal injury lawyer.
- Slips and falls represent another large portion of personal injury suits. A fall can happen anywhere: at home, at play, or on the job. Uneven flooring and other unsafe conditions send a lot of people to the hospital each year.
- People who take part in sports or recreational activities assume the risk for their activities, but sometimes injuries are caused by negligence. In most cases, people who participate in such activities are presumed to recognize the risks involved, but in some cases, negligence may be a factor.
- Other kinds of accidents that may be the subjects of a personal injury action might include accidental shootings, hunting accidents and other injuries from the improper use of machinery or tools.
- Accidents at the workplace are usually governed by worker’s compensation laws and require the services of an accident lawyer who is also familiar with worker’s compensation.
- Manufacturers and sellers of products owe their customers a duty to ensure sure their products are not dangerous. Suitable warning labels and proper instructions, should be on all products.
- We expect our medical professionals to be perfect, but they, like everyone else make mistakes. Those mistakes can be devastating. Personal injury lawyers with expertise in the area of medical malpractice will assess your case, seek the guidance of experts when necessary and advise you of your rights.
- Murder, rape and assault are crimes, but they are also torts and damages for personal injury can often be recovered.
Rochester Personal Injury Law Firm
These are some instances of cases that personal injury attorneys see every day. Picking the right attorney when you are hurt is crucial.
Be sure the lawyer you choose has handled your type of injury matter. The lawyers at O’Brien and Ford have experience in all personal injury matters.
You also want an attorney who is not hesitant to go to court if necessary. Most importantly, you want a lawyer who sees you as a person, not just another case.
Personal Injury Attorneys Near Me
At O’Brien and Ford, we have a track record for being tough negotiators, even tougher trial lawyers and for our commitment to our clients.
The lawyers and support staff at O’Brien and Ford are known for their personal attention to their clients and for their dedication to obtaining the best possible outcome, whether that involves negotiating a fair settlement or taking your suit to court. You may call any time to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with one of our injury experts.