The fact is, social networks, television, and films add to the problem by depicting personal injury lawyers in a negative light.
The reality is, when you are severely injured and facing economic ruin due to an accident or injury, a personal injury lawyer can help you when you need it most.
The attorneys at O’Brien and Ford devote themselves to personal injury law so they can make a genuine difference in people’s lives.
Sayre Personal Injury Lawyer
Below are just some examples of the sort of cases a personal injury lawyer may handle:
- The largest number of personal injury lawsuits result from automobile accidents, not surprisingly, since there more than 6 million accidents in the United States every year. You may be injured in an accident as an operator, passenger, or pedestrian.
- While no-fault laws may limit who can pursue personal injury suits against negligent drivers, you may nevertheless have some right to collect damages from a reckless driver. An experienced personal injury lawyer will be able to tell you if you have the right to sue for damages.
- Slip and fall cases are common. Falls are the greatest single cause of emergency room visits, and can happen anywhere. A fall may happen when a hazardous object or substance is left unattended, or may result from defective floor coverings, outdoor decking, or other surfaces.
- Many people are injured each year in sporting and recreational activities. In most cases, people who engage in such activities are assumed to know the risks involved, but in some cases, negligence might be a factor.
- A personal injury suit may follow when you one is injured by another’s improper use of a tool, weapon, or any other household object.
- Accidents on the job are usually governed by workmen’s compensation laws, and may require the services of an accident lawyer who is also familiar with workmen’s compensation.
- Manufacturers and sellers of goods owe their customers a duty to ensure sure their products are not dangerous. This also includes ensuring that products include proper operating instructions and warning notices, and that products meant for children are age-appropriate and plainly labeled.
- Regrettably, even the best medical professionals make mistakes, and those mistakes may cause more medical procedures, worse injuries, and even death. Personal injury lawyers with expertise in the area of medical malpractice will be able to assess your lawsuit, seek the guidance of experts when necessary, and advise you of your rights.
- Willful acts such as murder, assault, and rape can also lead to personal injury suits.
This list is just a sampling of the types of circumstances that may require the advice of an accident lawyer.
Personal Injury Law Firm In Sayre New York
Select a personal injury lawyer with care.
You should look for an attorney who has the specific background your suit requires.
You can be certain that your lawyer at O’Brien and Ford will have the experience and knowledge your suit requires.
You also want a lawyer who is not afraid to go to court if necessary.
Finally, and perhaps foremost, you need a law firm that cares about you, not just your case.
Personal Injury Lawyers Near Me
The lawyers at O’Brien and Ford will treat you with respect, and will strive to get you the best possible results.
The lawyers and staff at O’Brien and Ford are known for their personal attention to their clients, and for their devotion to achieving the best possible outcome, whether that involves negotiating a fair settlement or taking your matter to court.
If you have been hurt, call us for a free consultation.