Stories we read on online, as well as the plots of TV shows and movies, frequently support erroneous impressions of what personal injury attorneys do.
In truth, real people sustain real injuries every day and are very often left bankrupt and permanently impaired due to the negligence or deliberate act of another individual.
Personal Injury Lawyers In Schenectady
Below are just some examples of the kinds of lawsuits a personal injury lawyer may take on:
- The largest number of personal injury lawsuits comes from automobile accidents, not surprisingly, since there are over 6 million accidents in the United States annually. You may be hurt while driving, or as a passenger. You may have been hit by a car as you crossed the road. While no-fault laws may limit who can pursue personal injury lawsuits against negligent drivers, you may nevertheless have some right to collect damages from a negligent driver. An experienced personal injury lawyer will be able to tell you if you have the right to sue for damages.
- Slip and fall cases are also common. A fall can occur anywhere: at home, at play, or on the job. Uneven flooring and other hazardous conditions send a lot of people to the hospital each year.
- Quite a few people are injured each year in sporting and recreational activities. Most of the time, people who take part in such activities are assumed to know the risks involved, but in some cases, negligence might be a factor.
- Personal injury lawsuits might result from injuries from power tools, weapons, appliances and even toys.
- Worker’s compensation insurance covers on the job injuries, so if you have been injured on the job, make sure to seek advice from an injury lawyer with expertise in worker’s compensation.
- Producers and sellers of products owe their customers a duty to make sure their products are not harmful. This also includes ensuring that products include proper operating instructions and warnings and that products intended for small children are age-appropriate and plainly labeled.
- Unfortunately, even the best medical professionals make mistakes and those mistakes may result in more medical procedures, worse injuries and even death. Personal injury lawyers experienced in the area of medical malpractice will look at your matter, seek the assistance of experts when necessary and advise you of your rights.
- Voluntary acts such as murder, assault and rape can also lead to personal injury suits.
We have covered just a few of the circumstances in which a personal injury attorney may be able to help an injured person.
Personal Injury Law Firm In Schenectady
Choosing the right attorney when you are injured is very important.
You should look for an attorney who has the specific background your lawsuit requires. The attorneys at O’Brien and Ford have experience with all personal injury matters.
While most personal injury matters settle out of court, your attorney must be ready and able to take on any insurance company if a fair settlement is not offered.
Finally and possibly most important, you need a law firm that cares about you, not just your case.
Personal Injury Attorney Near Me
At O’Brien and Ford, we have a reputation for being tough negotiators, even tougher trial attorneys and for our dedication to our clients.
The attorneys and staff at O’Brien and Ford are known for their personal attention to their clients and for their commitment to achieving the best possible outcome, whether that entails working out a fair settlement or taking your suit to court.
We are always available; call us for a free consultation.