In truth, real people experience real injuries each day and are very often left penniless and permanently impaired due to the carelessness or intentional act of another individual.
The attorneys at O’Brien and Ford dedicate themselves to personal injury law so they can make a genuine difference in people’s lives.
Webster New York Personal Injury Attorneys
Personal injury law includes any type of case in which a person is injured as a result of the negligent or intentional act of another some of those lawsuits include:
- The largest number of personal injury matters result from car accidents, not surprisingly, since there are over 6 million accidents in the United States every year. You may be hurt while driving, or as a passenger. You may have been hit by a car as you crossed the road. Even in “no-fault” states like New York, a person injured in an auto accident may have the opportunity to sue for their personal injuries if the injury was serious. An experienced personal injury lawyer will be able to tell you if you have the right to sue for damages.
- Slips and falls make up another sizable quantity of personal injury cases. A fall can take place anywhere: at home, at play, or on the job. Unsafe conditions, for instance, objects left unattended or faulty flooring surfaces, lead to many falls.
- People who participate in sports or recreational activities assume the risk for their activities, but in some cases, injuries are caused by negligence. Most of the time, people whom take part in such activities are presumed to understand the risks involved, but in some cases, negligence may be a factor.
- Personal injury lawsuits might arise from injuries from power tools, weapons, appliances and even toys.
- Worker’s compensation insurance covers on the job injuries, so if you have been injured at work, make sure to seek advice from an injury lawyer with a background in worker’s compensation.
- Many people are injured or killed while using defective products. This also includes making certain that products include proper operating instructions and warnings and that products meant for children are age-appropriate and plainly labeled.
- Sadly, even the best medical professionals make mistakes and those mistakes may result in more medical procedures, worse injuries and even death. Personal injury lawyers experienced in the area of medical malpractice will be able to evaluate at your case, seek the guidance of experts when necessary and advise you of your rights.
- Voluntary acts such as murder, assault and rape can also lead to personal injury suits.
This list is just a sample of the kinds of situations that may require the advice of an accident attorney.
Personal Injury Law Firm Webster New York
Before selecting a lawyer for your personal injury matter, you should take into account a few things:
- You should find an attorney who has the specific background your lawsuit requires. You can be certain that your attorney at O’Brien and Ford will have the experience and knowledge your suit requires.
- You also want an attorney who is not afraid to go to court if necessary.
- Last but not least, you should select a law firm that treats its clients with the kindness and understanding that they deserve.
Personal Injury Attorneys Near Me
At O’Brien and Ford, we have a track record for being tough negotiators, even tougher trial attorneys and for our commitment to our clients. The attorneys and support staff at O’Brien and Ford are known for their personal attention to their clients and for their dedication to achieving the best possible outcome, whether that involves negotiating a fair settlement or taking your lawsuit to court. You may call any time to set up a free, no-obligation consultation with one of our injury experts.