The truth is, when you are severely injured and facing financial ruin as a result of an accident or injury, a personal injury attorney can help you when you need it most.
The attorneys at O’Brien and Ford dedicate themselves to personal injury law so they can make a real difference in people’s lives.
West Henrietta Personal Injury Lawyers
There are many types of personal injury cases, including:
- The largest number of personal injury cases result from car accidents, not surprisingly, since there are over 6 million accidents in the United States annually. You may be hurt in an accident as a driver, passenger, or pedestrian. Even in “no-fault” states like New York, a person injured in an auto accident may be able to sue for their personal injuries if the injury was severe. Before making a claim against your insurance company, seek the guidance of a personal injury lawyer.
- Suits involving falls make up another significant quantity of a personal injury form’s caseload. Falls are the largest single cause of emergency room visits and can occur anywhere. Dangerous conditions, for example, objects left unattended or faulty flooring surfaces, are the cause of many falls.
- Athletic injuries are also frequent and, in some cases, are the results of negligence. In most cases, people who engage in such activities are assumed to recognize the risks involved, but in some cases, negligence might be a factor.
- Personal injury cases might result from injuries from power tools, weapons, appliances and even toys.
- Accidents on the job are usually governed by worker’s compensation laws and may require the services of an accident lawyer who is also familiar with worker’s compensation.
- Product liability refers to the responsibility of companies to make sure their goods are safe. Suitable warning labels and proper instructions, should be on all products and improper labeling can lead to injuries.
- Most healthcare providers treat their patients with the finest care, but sometimes they make mistakes, causing more pain, more medical bills and sometimes, death. Personal injury lawyers with expertise in the area of medical malpractice will look at your matter, seek the advice of experts when necessary and advise you of your rights.
- Murder, rape and assault are crimes, but they are also torts and damages for personal injury can often be recovered.
These are some instances of matters that personal injury lawyers see every day.
Personal Injury Attorneys In West Henrietta
Before choosing a lawyer for your personal injury suit, you should take into account a few things:
First, you want an attorney who has experience in the type of personal injury that affected you. You can be certain that your attorney at O’Brien and Ford will have the experience and knowledge your case needs.
You also want a lawyer who will go to court against a large insurance company if necessary. Finally and maybe most important, you need a law firm that cares about you, not just your case.
Personal Injury Law Firm Near Me
At O’Brien and Ford, we have a track record for being tough negotiators, even tougher trial lawyers and for our devotion to our clients.
The attorneys and support staff at O’Brien and Ford are known for their personal attention to their clients and for their commitment to achieving the best possible outcome, whether that entails negotiating a fair settlement or taking your matter to court. If you have been injured, call us for a free consultation.