As we deal with COVID-19, we have been staying home to stop the spread and abiding by our states’ regulations. Something that most people may have overlooked or not even considered is the fact that vehicles need to be run from time to time, otherwise risking long-term problems. Although there are inevitably fewer car accidents on the road, there has been an increase in car issues because of the lack of driving.
How to Prevent & Deal with Common Car Problems
- Dead Battery: If you don’t run your car and simply let it sit out for too long, your battery can drain, die, and possibly even be permanently damaged. To avoid this issue, keep running your car every so often to keep it charged and going.
- Sun Damage: Interior damage caused by the sun can be prevented if you park your vehicle inside an indoor garage or covered shelter. If you don’t have access to one, you can use a sun shield that will cover the front exposure of your vehicle. You can purchase these affordably
- Brakes: Brakes can stick and stop working when your car sits idle. Making sure that you move your car around and use your brakes will get your brakes working and prevent them from freezing up.
- Tires: To prevent having to replace your car tires, make sure you check on them from time to time. If you start seeing them deflate, have them aired up. This quick fix will save you the time and money of having to replace them altogether when they could have lasted longer.
- Gas: Gas can go bad if it sits in a car for too long. To prevent this, make sure that you continue to refill your gas timely, even if you think you might not need to right away. This will help your car’s longevity and during this time, gas prices are lower, so you may also save money in the long run.
- Critters: If you have already let your vehicle sit for too long, make sure to check for any critters and animals that may have made it their new home. Proper car maintenance is key to making sure your car will run for a long time.
O’Brien & Ford have continued to remain available to our clients for help in their personal injury case. We have made efforts to remain updated with the latest technology to ensure that our clients will receive the best representation possible, even during this time. Contact us today: 716-907-7777.
COVID-19 UPDATE: Although we are working from alternate locations, we remain fully functional and look forward to helping you.