Negative perceptions are enforced by the entertainment industry and social media.
In reality, real people endure real injuries every day and are often left bankrupt and permanently disabled as a result of the negligence or intentional act of another individual.
At O’Brien and Ford, you will find a dedicated group of lawyers who are proud to use their proficiency in personal injury law to improve people’s lives after an injury.
Personal Injury Lawyers In Albany
Below are just some illustrations of the kinds of suits a personal injury lawyer may handle:
- With over 6 million motor vehicle accidents across the United States yearly, it is not a surprise that those matters are the most common personal injury suits. You may be injured in an accident as an operator, passenger, or pedestrian. Even in “no-fault” states like New York, a person injured in an auto accident may have the opportunity to sue for their personal injuries if the injury was serious. An experienced personal injury lawyer will be able to tell you if you have the right to sue for damages.
- Slip and fall lawsuits are also prevalent. Falls occur at work, at home, in recreational areas and in public facilities. Uneven flooring and other dangerous conditions send a lot of people to the hospital every year.
- Quite a few people are hurt each year in sporting and recreational activities. In most cases, people who participate in such activities are presumed to know the risks involved, but in some cases, negligence may be a factor.
- A personal injury suit may follow when you one is injured by another’s improper use of a tool, weapon, or any other household object.
- Accidents on the job are usually governed by worker’s compensation laws and may require the services of an accident lawyer who is also familiar with worker’s compensation.
- Product liability refers to the duty of manufacturers to ensure sure their products are safe. Manufacturers are also expected to advise consumers of potential risks and to instruct them on how to use the products correctly.
- We expect our medical professionals to be perfect, but they, like all of us make mistakes. Those mistakes can be disastrous. Personal injury lawyers with expertise in the area of medical malpractice will be able to look at your matter, seek the guidance of experts when necessary and advise you of your rights.
- Murder, rape and assault are criminal offenses, but they are also torts and damages for personal injury can often be recovered.
We have covered just a few of the circumstances in which a personal injury attorney may be able to help an injured person.
Albany Personal Injury Law Firm
Before selecting a lawyer for your personal injury suit, you should bear in mind a few things:
Make sure the lawyer you choose has handled your type of injury matter.
At O’Brien and Ford, we are ready and able to handle all injury lawsuits, from a slip and fall at the shopping center to a large product liability case.
While most personal injury suits settle out of court, your attorney must be ready and able to tackle any insurance company if a fair settlement is not offered.
Most importantly, you want a lawyer who sees you as an individual, not just another case.
Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me
The attorneys at O’Brien and Ford will treat you with respect and will strive to get you the best possible results.
The lawyers and support staff at O’Brien and Ford are known for their personal attention to their clients and for their commitment to obtaining the best possible outcome, whether that involves negotiating a fair settlement or taking your suit to court.
You may call at any time to arrange a free, no-obligation consultation with one of our injury experts.