Stories we read on online, in addition to the plots of television programs and films, frequently support inaccurate impressions of what personal injury attorneys do.
The reality is, when you are severely injured and facing economic ruin as a result of an accident or injury, a personal injury attorney can help you when you need it most.
At O’Brien and Ford, we are proud to be personal injury attorneys, dedicated to making life better for our clients after an often stressful experience.
Guilderland Personal Injury Lawyers
There are many varieties of personal injury cases, including:
- The greatest number of personal injury cases stem from motor vehicle accidents, not surprisingly, since there are over 6 million accidents in the United States yearly.
- You may be hurt in an accident as a driver, passenger, or pedestrian. Even in “no-fault” states like New York, a person injured in an auto accident may have the opportunity to sue for their personal injuries if the injury was severe. An experienced personal injury lawyer will be able to tell you if you have the right to sue for damages.
- Matters involving falls represent another large quantity of a personal injury form’s caseload. A fall can happen anywhere: at home, at play, or on the job. A fall may occur when a hazardous object or substance is left unattended, or may result from faulty floor coverings, decking, or other surfaces.
- Athletic injuries are also common, and, in some cases, are the results of carelessness. Most of the time, people who engage in such activities are presumed to understand the risks involved, but in some cases, negligence might be a factor.
- Other types of accidents that may be the subjects of a personal injury action might include accidental shootings, hunting accidents, and other injuries from the incorrect use of machinery or tools.
- Workmen’s compensation insurance covers on the job injuries, so if you have been injured on the job, make sure to consult an injury lawyer with expertise in workmen’s compensation.
- Producers and sellers of goods owe their customers a duty to make sure their products are not harmful. Manufactures are also obligated to advise users of potential risks, and to instruct them on the best way to use the products correctly. When someone is injured as a result of the manufacturers’ failure to fulfill their obligations to the public, a lawsuit may be appropriate.
- The fact is, even the best medical professionals make mistakes, and those mistakes may lead to more medical procedures, worse injuries, and even death. Personal injury lawyers with expertise in the area of medical malpractice will evaluate your matter, seek the advice of experts when necessary, and advise you of your rights.
- Murder, rape, and assault are crimes, but they are also torts, and damages for personal injury can often be recovered.
These are some illustrations of matters that personal injury attorneys see every day.
Personal Injury Law Firm In Guilderland
Choosing the right attorney when you are injured is important.
You should find a lawyer who has the specific background your suit requires. At O’Brien and Ford, we prepared and able to handle all injury cases, from a slip and fall at the shopping center to a significant product liability case.
While most personal injury suits settle out of court, your attorney must be willing and able to take on any insurance company if a fair settlement is not offered.
Finally, you should choose a law firm that treats its clients with the kindness and understanding that they deserve.
Personal Injury Attorney Near Me
At O’Brien and Ford, we have a reputation for being tough negotiators, even tougher trial attorneys, and for our commitment to our clients.
The attorneys and staff at O’Brien and Ford are known for their personal attention to their clients, and for their dedication to obtaining the best possible outcome, whether that entails working out a fair settlement or taking your suit to court. We are always available; call us for a free consultation.