Stories we read on the internet, in addition to the plots of television programs and films, frequently support incorrect impressions of what personal injury attorneys do.
The fact is, when you are severely injured and facing financial ruin as a result of an accident or injury, a personal injury attorney can help you when you need it most.
At O’Brien and Ford, you will find a dedicated group of lawyers who are proud to employ their proficiency in personal injury law to improve people’s lives after an injury.
Clay Personal Injury Lawyers
Personal injury law involves any type of matter in which a person is injured due to the negligent or voluntary act of another some of those cases include:
- Millions of cars on the road mean millions of accidents, so auto accident cases represent the lion’s share of most personal injury firms’ work. You may be hurt while driving, or as a passenger. You may have been hit by a car as you crossed the road. Although New York is a “no-fault” state, a person who is badly injured may still be able to sue for their injuries. An experienced personal injury lawyer will be able to tell you if you have the right to sue for damages.
- Slip and fall lawsuits are also common. Falls occur at work, in the house, in recreational areas and in public buildings. Uneven flooring and other unsafe conditions send a lot of people to the hospital each year.
- Athletic injuries are also frequent and, in some cases, are the results of negligence. Most of the time, people who participate in such activities are assumed to understand the risks involved, but in some cases, negligence might be a factor.
- Other types of accidents that may be the subjects of a personal injury action might include accidental shootings, hunting accidents and other injuries from the improper use of machinery or tools.
- An injury lawyer who also knows the law of worker’s compensation can counsel you if you are injured at work.
- Many people are injured or killed while using defective products. This also includes making sure that products include proper operating instructions and warnings and that products meant for children are age-appropriate and plainly labeled.
- The fact is, even the best doctors make mistakes and those mistakes may cause more medical procedures, worse injuries and even death. Personal injury lawyers experienced in the area of medical malpractice will be able to evaluate your lawsuit, seek the advice of experts when necessary and advise you of your rights.
- Damages from injuries caused by willful and unlawful acts like assault, rape and murder may also be recovered in a personal injury lawsuit.
This list is just a sampling of the kinds of circumstances that may call for the professional advice of an accident lawyer.
Personal Injury Attorneys In Clay NY
Picking the right lawyer when you are hurt is important.
First, you should choose a lawyer who has experience in the type of personal injury that affected you. You can be certain that your lawyer at O’Brien and Ford will have the experience and knowledge your matter requires.
You also want an attorney who is not afraid to go to court if necessary.
Finally and maybe foremost, you need a law firm that cares about you, not just your case.
Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me
The lawyers and staff at O’Brien and Ford are known for their personal attention to their clients and for their commitment to achieving the best possible outcome, whether that involves negotiating a fair settlement or taking your case to court.
The attorneys and staff at O’Brien and Ford are known for their personal attention to their clients and for their devotion to achieving the best possible outcome, whether that entails negotiating a fair settlement or taking your matter to court. We are always available; call us for a free consultation.