Unfavorable stereotypes are enforced by the entertainment industry and social media.
The reality is, when you are seriously injured and facing financial ruin due to an accident or injury, a personal injury attorney can help you when you need it most.
The lawyers at O’Brien and Ford devote themselves to personal injury law so they can make a real difference in people’s lives.
Personal Injury Lawyers In Elmira New York
Below are just some examples of the type of lawsuits a personal injury lawyer may handle:
- The largest number of personal injury cases comes from automobile accidents, not unexpectedly, since there are over 6 million accidents in the United States every year.
- You may be hurt while driving, or as a passenger. You may have been hit by a car as you crossed the road. Even in “no-fault” states like New York, a person injured in an auto accident may be able to sue for their personal injuries if the injury was severe. It is always smart to seek advice from a personal injury lawyer before assuming that you have no case.
- Slip and fall lawsuits are common. Falls are the greatest single cause of emergency room visits, and can occur anywhere. Unsafe conditions, such as objects left unattended or defective flooring surfaces, lead to many falls.
- Athletic injuries are also frequent, and, in some cases, are the results of negligence. Most of the time, people who engage in such activities are assumed to understand the risks involved, but in some cases, negligence may be a factor.
- Other kinds of accidents that may be the subjects of a personal injury action might include accidental shootings, hunting accidents, and other injuries from the incorrect use of machinery or tools.
- Workmen’s compensation insurance covers on the job injuries, so if you have been injured at the workplace, make sure to consult an injury lawyer with expertise in workmen’s compensation.
- Product liability refers to the responsibility of companies to make sure their products are safe. This also includes making certain that products include proper operating instructions and warning notices and that products meant for children are age-appropriate and clearly labeled.
- Sadly, even the best medical professionals make mistakes, and those mistakes may result in more medical procedures, worse injuries, and even death. Personal injury lawyers with expertise in the area of medical malpractice will assess your matter, seek the assistance of experts when necessary, and advise you of your rights.
- Damages from injuries caused by intentional and criminal acts like assault, rape, and murder may also be recouped in a personal injury suit.
These are some examples of cases that personal injury lawyers see each day.
Elmira Personal Injury Law Firm
Before selecting a lawyer for your personal injury suit, you should take into account a few things:
You should look for an attorney who has the specific skill your lawsuit requires. At O’Brien and Ford, we prepared and able to handle all injury cases, from a slip and fall at the shopping center to a large product liability case.
You also want a lawyer who is not hesitant to go to court if necessary.
Last but not least, you should select a law firm that treats its clients with the compassion and understanding that they deserve.
Personal Injury Attorney Near Me
The lawyers at O’Brien and Ford will treat you with respect, and will strive to get you the best possible results.
The attorneys and support staff at O’Brien and Ford are known for their personal attention to their clients, and for their devotion to obtaining the best possible outcome, whether that involves working out a fair settlement or taking your suit to court.
You may call at any time to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with one of our injury experts.